Fluffy Vanilla Cupcakes with a surprise inside…enjoy the crunch of our sweet, caramelised Praline Almonds combined with melted Nutella in the centre. All the more tempting with a chocolate buttercream icing on top.
These cupcakes are easy to make and the texture is lovely and moist. They taste especially nice warm, but they will stay fresh for a few days (if there are any left...!)
- 50 g Praline Almonds
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 teaspoons Nutella
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan forced. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together milk, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir just until moist.
- Scoop a spoonful of batter evenly into the muffin tray.
- Drop 1 teaspoon Nutella into the centre of each cup.
- Take the Praline Almonds and sprinkle a portion into each blob of Nutella.
- Top with remaining batter to completely cover the filling.
- Place into oven and bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack.