It's Pancake Day!
The most delicious day of the year is here! And of course, we rose to the occasion with an extraordinary pancake combo, even better yet, we decided to show you step-by-step how we made these sweet, fluffy, American-style pancakes stuffed with our yummy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Whether you prefer thin & crispy or soft & thick, you can't say no to these pancakes! The combination of the gooey cookie and fluffy cake create a texture like no other. Could it get any better? Yep... to make this stack of goodness one step closer to heaven, we added lots of Nutella in-between each pancake! Mark our words…it will leave you feeling beyond satisfied (& full) from a highly successful Pancake Day.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pancakes anyone? #pancakes #pancakeday #cookiedough♬ INTO YOUR CRAVE - Funky Bunda
150g Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
135g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
2tsp caster sugar
1 large egg lightly beaten
2tbsp melted butter
2tbsp melted butter or olive oil plus extra for cooking
1. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together milk and egg, then whisk in melted butter.
2. Pour the milk mixture into the flour and using a fork beat until you have a smooth batter. Any lumps will soon disappear with some mixing.
3. Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and some butter or oil. Add a ladle of batter to cover the pan.
4. Time to add the cookie dough pieces! Sprinkle as little or as many you want (or you can pour it into the mixture beforehand). Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then flip over and cook until both sides are golden brown.
5. Serve with layers and layers of Nutella & top it off with whipped cream or ice cream... it's Pancake Day, GO FOR IT!