These chocolate Easter eggs are filled with a creamy, chocolatey, cheesecake filling. Underneath lies a crumbly biscuit base and hidden away are gooey chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough – to give extra yumminess to this heavenly dessert. Topped off with mini chocolate eggs, sat on a nest of our vibrant blue and yellow sugar pearls...this is an Easter EGGSTRAVAGANZA!
100g Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough pieces
1 milk chocolate Easter egg halved
85g digestive biscuits crushed
200g cream cheese
35g caster sugar
100ml double cream
10g milk chocolate
10g white chocolate
6 mini chocolate eggs
- Carefully cut the Easter egg in half, to avoid cracking the egg. It's best to instead run a sharp, warmed knife along the seamline, until it naturally falls in half.
- Half a chocolate Easter egg, cut side up. The egg is surrounded by ingredients to make Easter Egg cheesecake.
- Crush the biscuits (either by hand or in a blender) until you have a crumb. Pop into a bowl.
- Melt the butter and pour into the biscuits. Mix until all the butter is absorbed.
- Spoon the biscuit mix into the bottom of the egg half.
- Press gently with your thumbs to compress the biscuit, taking care not to break the egg. Place it in the fridge to chill while you make the filling.
- Put the cream cheese, sugar and cream in a bowl. Whisk until very thick and stiff.
- Melt the milk chocolate, allow it to cool and then pour it into the filling bowl. Fold through.
- Spoon the filling carefully into the egg, gradually add the cookie dough pieces and smooth over with a warmed knife.
- Drizzle with the chocolate and top the sugar pearls as you wish & the mini chocolate eggs before placing in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.